Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy 25th Anniversary Grammy Dee and Grandpa!

2005 @ Boppa and Grandma Great 50th Anniversary

Congratulations to Grammy Dee and Grandpa! Today is there 25th anniversary, and we all feel so lucky and honored to be surounded by succesful marriages. I had the pleasure of meeting these fine folks when I was 15 years old. There son, Josh, was my high school sweet heart at Hanford High School. Josh was very popular and well liked, he was well remembered for being an exceptional baseball player and person. Josh joined his heavenly father his freshman year of college. I continued to come around, and around, and around. I now realize that some of my visits were sooooo long :-). Jim and Pati's was a warm inviting place that reminded me of Josh. Over the years, new relationships, and life changes they never got rid of me and I held onto them.
When Jay and I found out we were expecting our first child we brought them desert with a grandparent magnet underneith...we are so sneaky. This relationship has brought balance and grace into my life. We have been forever thankful that they were up for the task. Taylor and Nolan love their Grammy Dee and Grandpa, and we don't know what we would do without them. When it comes to family and grandparents the saying, the more the merrier is so true.
Here is to the happy couple....happy 25th!!

No comments: