Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Raising Dogs


The dog shop is getting ready to close for the season. Raising puppies has been rewarding, challenging, educational, stressful, and a lot of fun. I have learned more about dogs in the last few months than I have in a long time. All in all raising and selling this litter was a success. We were able to sell 4 of 5, and have a great home for the 5th. It turned out that Ginnea Pig, Taylor's favorite is deaf. The new owner were of course heart broken over the news, raising a deaf dog would naturally pose many challenges. They will be taking our last brindle female instead. This exchange I know will be very emotional for them. If I can just make it through this Saturday when I meet with them, my stress will be a whole lot less. My sister and her roomate are willing to take on the challenges Ginnea Pig will bring, we are so thankful that everything will work out this way. In the meantime I will be learning as much as I can about raising a deaf dog.

Arby will be taking a good long break from motherhood...she has been a trooper and needs a rest. In 8-10 months Sheba may be ready to give motherhood a try. Here's to closing this chapter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only two weeks left! hang in there!!