Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Difference Between Men and Women

This is my random blogging thoughts for the week as I am trying to get my thoughts off life for a minute. I was thinking about how I vent sooooo much, and I need to. My husband on the other hand doesn't, he is a great listener and in general gets pissed off a lot less than I do. It occured to me that if every time I talked to my friends if we only stuck to topics that we love instead of all the things that piss us off we would be happier too. Guys get together to have fun, while I get together with my friends to escape. Jay talks to his friends about sports, alcohol, nintendo, rarely work, sometimes current events. In the meantime, I am talking about vericose veins, cleaning the house, and my inability to get my kids to take a nap. That is all backwards when you remember I am the one trying to escape. Here's to less venting and more happy topics.

3 comments:

Joe and Audra said...

I am laughing right now! Okay Wendy, we better keep each other accountable on this one when we get together. :) Happy thoughs, happy thoughts. Can't wait to see that new daughter of yours (and the rest of you as well).

Kel said...

Oh Wendy...
It is the time in our life to vent!!! To get through the hard times. If we didn't we would keep it all bottled up and we would all have high blood pressure and die when we were 40!! I also think it is funny that you said one of the things the guys do together is alcohol...pretty sure that is their escape.
I think we do a pretty good job of talking about the good stuff. The cute things the kids did, or the fun stuff we (occationally) do. And we definatly rejoice in the wonderful things and try to look to the positive.
I wouldn't worry. I think you do a good job of venting and laughing!

Anonymous said...

OK girls - the thing is that men do feel this way because the chores are taken care of the laundry is done and dinner is on the table. If your day only lasted 8 hours you would be a happy person too. It is all ok as long as at the end of the day you can say you are happy and would have it no other way. Love Michelle