Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Updates

I had an ultrasound today to verify dates. I am app. 12 weeks 5 days along, and am looking at a November 28th due date, the day after Thanksgiving. I will be carbo loaded for sure. The baby looks great....no worries. There is a lot of opt testing you can do to detect birth defects, genetic or otherwise. These tests have possible outcomes of false positive. For that reason, and because I am otherwise young and healthy I try to stay away from them. The doctors are always sure to spin the other side of the coin. There is a lot of stress and guilt and confusion being a mom, pregnant or not. Technology is sometimes a pain in the ass. My gut feeling is a girl, but I was wrong last time. We'll see.

1 comment:

Joe and Audra said...

Yay Wendy! I am excited to meet him/her. Im sure your pregnacy will go smoothly and wonderfully. I agree about the testing. My feeling was that it would only serve as a stesser, not help in anyway. So we figured leave it in God's hands. Hope we get to see you guys soon.