Friday, May 23, 2008

Heavenly Smile

I have often talked to my kids about my brother, Nick, who passed away in 2003. I have showed them some pictures to get them to link him to Ryan, Madeline, and the whole family. Today Taylor picked up a picture of my brother and I, one I hadn't showed her and said, it's you and your brother....I miss him like you do. Then she said I want to draw him a picture for when he gets back from heaven. Talk about pulling at my heart strings. Kids can be so insightful. Their pure honesty is so touching. I miss my brother every day and always wish he could see me in this life, as a mom, my most important job. My brother and I always had a lot in common, right down to a ridiculous stuffy nose. It would be a joy to share this time of my life with him.

3 comments:

Tera said...

Wendy I guarantee that he is so proud of you and we all are. =)

Grammy Dee said...

You can rest assured that you have successfully helped Taylor make the connection, and she feels it with her heart. Nolan will be sure to follow as will the new baby. And Nick will never be far away.

Joe and Audra said...

Wow. I have no words for that. It is a reminder to me of how intense it is to lose someone so close to your heart. You have really precious kids and you impress me with your patience every time we are there. You will have to tell me your secret someday. :)