Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dad




I have been avoiding writing this post.
On the morning of New Years Eve I lost my Dad. Although I realize that this has already come and gone it is just as devastating every time I say it. My Dad has always been a source of inspiration and strength for me. The loss of him has left such a big hole in my heart. I find comfort and sadness knowing he has been reunited with Nick, and his own Dad. The sadness I feel for myself, my children, my husband, mom, and sisters is indescribable. He will be missed for the rest of my life time. Rest in peace Dad. I love you!

Bruce Wallace Young

May 30th, 1951December 31st, 2009

Bruce Wallace Young was born to Deryl and DeEsta Young on May 30th, 1951, in Brigham City, Utah. On December 31st 2009, he passed peacefully in his home when he went to be with his son Nicholas and our Heavenly Father.

Bruce was raised in Perry, Utah and served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Montana-Wyoming Mission. He eventually landed in the Tri-Cities area where he made his home for the last 28 years. His passions were his family, his “speed buggy,” his horses, and all of his treasures. He will fondly be remembered as “Santa” bringing Christmas joy to many children and adults.

He is survived by his wife of 36 years Sandy Young, his four daughters Brenda (Sean), Michelle, Wendy (Jay), Brooke, daughter-in-law Kirsten, Mother DeEsta, Brothers Phil and Boyd, Sisters Teresa and Roseann and his eight grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his son Nicholas Young and father Deryl Ross.

Bruce was the most kind, devoted, selfless individual anyone could ever run across. His crooked smile, jokes and endless stories allowed him to make friends everywhere he went. He was always the first person to lend a helping hand to those in need. It has been said many of times that “Bruce was the neighborhood.” He has touched many lives and will be missed dearly by all who knew him; each and everyone one of us knowing that we are better people because he was a part of our lives. Heaven has our angel now.

A memorial service will be held in his honor at the LDS Jadwin Building, 1321 Jadwin Ave. in Richland, on January 7th, 2010, at 11:00 am. A burial service will immediately follow at Sunset Memorial Gardens, 915 Bypass Hwy in Richland.




4 comments:

Nicole said...

Wendy I wrote you a letter but it came back insufficient postage, and then I didn't know whether or not to send it again as some time had passed - I would like to see you, give you a big hug, and listen/cry/whatever. Please call!! 430-0141

Kel said...

Beautiful post. My heart is still breaking for you and your family. Know I am here for you whenever you need!
Love you!

BEHS Class of 1969 said...

A classmate saw Bruce's Mom's obituary this week and read that Bruce had preceded her. I manage the web page for the Box Elder High School Class of 1969 and I did some searching and found your Blog. We're sorry to hear about your dad's passing. We are in the process of including him on our Class memorial page. Please accept our condolences. If you have a photo or photos you would like me to add there, please send them to this email address and I will include them: behs.classof1969@gmail.com

http://memorialbehsclassof1969.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Bob Holmes

BEHS Class of 1969 said...

I added your Dad to our BEHS Class of 1969 Memorial page. Please feel free to add comments to it and send any photos you would like posted there anytime. Very sad to learn of Bruce and his moms passing.
Bob Holmes