Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Your Mom

While I am writing this post my kids are crying in the background, so what better time to talk about me. I recently took a new job and will be working for an environmental assessment company in Richland. I start mid July. It sounds like I will be doing a lot of different things. I will be working a lot in the field, in the lab, and some clerical work as well. I am super excited to get back to work, especially in my field of study. By the way kids, your mom is a biologist, or something like that. I am also anxious. I am not going to pass up this great opportunity, but wish Jessy was a little older. I find that it is hard for me to sleep lately because I already have anxiety about waking up early and getting the kids ready...yatayata. I will have to let go of a bit of my planning and do a lot more going with the flow. It is only part time and sounds perfect...I look forward to passing along some updates.
I have also been selling Scentsy on the side, mostly because I love the way the kids say "scentsy." Just kidding. I love the stuff and want everyone I know to own some scentsy. Warning, it is only for those who want their house to smell amazing. I love the stuff and will post a link to my site.
Still working at Entrees Made Easy, and the dog kennel. I like to keep my feet in a lot of doors I guess. People who shop at Entrees Made Easy are smart, the smartest people I know. Seriously, what a time saver and great food. I may always work at the kennel, I have gotten attached to so many customers and their dogs, and to be honest am not in love with dogs. Wierd....I know. Love to see the family succeed.
I wish I had more hobbies, but am okay with the sacrifice for now. The Internet makes having no real talents more bearable. For instance, I can scrap book my life in less than an hour, put together an amazing collage, tell a joke, connect with millions, purchase anything...you name it. You kids will be shocked to learn one day that I lived during a time where the Internet didn't exist. LOL...my parents can say that about color tv and DVD's. I can only imagine what you will be telling your kids about the things you did with out. I love my blackberry curve, and will never have a phone with out all the bling again. In my perfect world I would walk and swim a lot more, you guys could be a little more cooperative you know. :-) I love being your mom, it brings my life so much joy, happiness, guilt, frustration and unconditional love. FYI If you ever meet a mom without guilt or frustration, she isn't being honest with you. I feel stressed to go back to work because I feel it isn't in your best interest, and that is how I have tried to raise you and make decisions. Instead I am leaving you with family, and we will all have to make some sacrifices. I am thankful for my life, opportunities, and the help I receive to make it all happen.
P.S. you aren't crying anymore so don't think I just completely ignore you

1 comment:

Tera Pettit said...

wendy you are so freaking awesome =)