Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Folks


My parents are both from Utah, where they met and were married. They had a short engagement and now have been married for 34 years. My Mom has one brother and a sister while my Dad 2 brothers and 2 sisters. My Dad served a 2 year mission for the church only 2 hours from home on some occasions, but couldn't visit home during this time. My Dad was drafted for the millitary at a young age only to find out that 10 toes are a must. When trying to rescue a kite from a telephone wire he and a buddy learned a very tough lesson. Many skin grafts, a missing toe, and a short 6 month stay in the hospital he never retrieved a lost kite again. After marriage they had Brenda...apr. 9 + months lator. Michelle then Nick arrived while still in Utah, Brooke and myself were born in Boise, ID where we lived a short period of time. For work they were Tri City bound. My parents are very hard working, in fact they never stop working. For a while my Dad was layed off from the site and he worked 3 jobs to make sure we were taken care of. Together they built a house overlooking beautiful countryside. They now run a busy dog kennel that is open 24-7 to the canines of course. They have always been some of my biggest fans, making it to game after game after game. My Dad even drove me 3 hours to watch a game I missed the bus for, knowing I would not be allowed to play that day. Very supportive parents, we have always been grateful for their help and advice.....and believe me if you know Bruce, there has been a lot of advice :-). Thanks for everything Mom and Dad!! I Love Ya!

No comments: